Thursday, January 24, 2008

I read other people's blog before I wrote mine, so, to add on a little:
I had the idea that most people were quite religious and superstituous during the middle age, because lots of people did not have much 'science' to base how natural phenomenon come about. However, I was unaware about how commited and devoted they could be about their believes. "... no one should weaken in the firmness of their commitment to the way of life he has chosen, but should always strive to increase his commitment to this undertaking as if he were just starting out ..." (Athanasius, 16)

One thing I have not fully come across, but would like to learn, is the 'reasoning' for their religious belief. Did all these people choose Christianity for the 'afterlife', or were there other things they sought?

No comments: